Revit integration just got easier with FRAMECAD Revlink for Structure & FRAMECAD Revlink for Detailer
The latest release of FRAMECAD Revlink, FRAMECAD’s proprietary integration to Revit, provides further capabilities when detailing with FRAMECAD Detailer. And now, FRAMECAD Revlink has been extended to FRAMECAD Structure bringing streamlined design and engineering into your BIM model.
Today’s construction market is increasingly competitive. It is clear that Building Information Modelling (BIM) technologies and design-led construction methodologies speed up the construction process and help contractors win more work. However, to take full advantage of the benefits BIM offers, the construction process must be easily and seamlessly integrated, ensuring the final design model is reflective of all changes.
FRAMECAD Revlink allows you to work seamlessly between Revit and FRAMECAD Detailer, or Revit and FRAMECAD Structure, secure in the knowledge that you always have one complete model available.
The integration between platforms (Revit to Structure and Revit to Detailer) using FRAMECAD Revlink is two-way and very fast to run, speeding up the engineering and design processes.
What's new in FRAMECAD Revlink?
FRAMECAD Revlink for Structure (new):
- Seamless, two-way exchange between FRAMECAD Structure and Revit
- Faster framing - import wall frames from Revit and let Structure auto frame it and engineer the design.
- Ensures that the framing design is created to local standards, therefore speeding up the engineering sign off process.
- FRAMECAD Revlink allows the complete framing design to be completed in Structure (or Detailer) and then imported into Revit and merged with the architectural design.
FRAMECAD Revlink for Detailer (feature updates):
As part of our ongoing development focus, FRAMEDCAD Revlink for Detailer now offers additional features:
- Now includes the full journey (export/import/update) for flat ceiling panels, in addition to the existing wall panels, allowing a full model to be exported to Revit.
- Import/Update of explicit tools (eg service holes)
Key benefits of FRAMECAD Revlink:
- Seamless, two-way exchange between FRAMECAD Structure and Revit, or FRAMECAD Detailer and Revit
- Speeds up the design, detailing and engineering process
- FRAMECAD Revlink allows the complete framing design to be completed in Detailer or Structure and then imported into Revit and merged with the architectural design (inline framing only)
- Simplifies the frame design
- Reduces the risk of mistakes and rework as you are working in one design model
- Easy to modify the frames as required in either Revit or your FRAMECAD software, and then import back to complete the model
- One complete BIM model
- Simple and intuitive to use.
This all leads to a faster and more accurate design process, saving you time and money in the design, engineering, manufacturing and construction processes.
Innovating for faster construction & better built environments
At FRAMECAD®, innovation is everything. It’s a catalyst for growth – whether it's enabling clients to construct buildings quickly and safely through an integrated system or supporting communities to achieve a better standard of living - we’ve spent 30 years researching and testing a platform that people can rely on. The ongoing development of FRAMECAD Revlink is another example of this focus on innovation.
FRAMECAD CEO and Founder, Mark Taylor says, “At FRAMECAD we are focused on delivering a seamless solution to our customers. As design software such as Revit become more prevalent our team have been working tirelessly to integrate those tools to our software to make the process simpler, easier and more accurate."
Based on the powerful IntelliCAD platform FRAMECAD Structure is an integrated engineering package, that saves you time and money. Completing over 25,000 engineering calculations per square meter of roof and walls in just seconds, FRAMECAD Structure improves your engineering time by up to 80%.
FRAMECAD Structure makes real-time engineering calculations as the designs are created - analyzing loads, deflections and other forces - making it an easy process to optimize building code compliance whilst delivering best value engineering practices.
Detailer is already recognized as the most versatile CFS design software - incredibly easy to use, whilst being able to design almost anything you need. With the addition of FRAMECAD Revlink customers can now use the powerful Detailer framing engine in conjunction with Revit to complete the building design.
FRAMECAD Detailer is a powerful tool that saves time and cost in frame, panel, truss and joist design for cold form steel construction. Available in multiple languages including English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian, FRAMECAD Detailer will accelerate your construction project.
FRAMECAD provide the tools that help you gain business success. Our range of world-leading software, manufacturing equipment, online support and training programs are created to help your business increase productivity and return on investment.
Already a FRAMECAD customer? You can purchase FRAMECAD Revlink now direct from MyFRAMECAD.
Not a FRAMECAD customer? Want to know find out more about how the end-to-end FRAMECAD System can benefit your business. Talk to our experts today.